Tuesday 6 January 2015

Best Music of 2014 - The Compilation CD

I'm currently catching up on myself after having spent four very enjoyable days in Amsterdam. 

Rather belatedly here is my selection of tracks representing about 80 minutes of what I consider to be the best music of 2014.

1.  I'll Sing It - Tweedy
2. Out of Pawn - Anais Mitchell
3. Knock Knock Knock - Spoon
4. Irene - Pere Ubu
5. Lateness of Dancers - Hiss Golden Messenger
6. Grand Canyon - Drive-By Truckers
7. I Just Might - Ryan Adams
8. An Ocean in Between the Waves - The War on Drugs
9. In Flight - Slowlight Quartet
10. Temporary Ground - Jack White
11. Slow - Leonard Cohen
12. The Love You Save - Jolie Holland
13. Couch Slouch - Neil Cowley Trio
14. Dogs - Sun Kil Moon
15. Protection - Lucinda Williams.

I'm already looking forward to some great music in 2015 with word of forthcoming albums from The Decemberists and Steven Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment